Wednesday, October 24, 2007

HOME: Bed In A Bag

WHAT: Now get this: "Bed in a Bag." Isn't that funny? When you buy a "Bed in a Bag," you get fitted sheets, pillow cases, and a bed spread or comforter. Yes, that's right: you get - almost - an entire "Bed in a Bag." The only other things you have to provide are a mattress, pillows, and optional bed frame. So should it really be called "Nearly A Bed in a Bag?"

WHY: "Bed in a Bag." It reminds me of a Family Guy episode where they talk about the game "Ball In A Cup." Bed in a Bag. That's hilarious... I don't know why I think it's so funny, but all I have to do is say: "Bed in a Bag," and I start laughing. Anyway, it's a great marketing gag: you know most people are going to buy an entire matching set of sheets and such when they go shopping for them, so why not just put the whole shebang into a bag and sell it all at once? Think of the deal you'll be getting!?

Makes me realize that you can't just substitute any word for "bed." I'll let you fill in the blank for your own, instant marketing tool: "________ in a Bag." Anyway, all I've got to say on the matter is: "Bed in a Bag."

Check www.overstock.com or search Google for "Bed in a Bag."

/sms

No comments: